Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Cancer Drive Just Became Personal

As you might know, I've set-up an online fundraiser, with the Canadian Cancer Foundation. Much to my disappointment, not one person has donated to it, besides me.

This morning, I had new reason to keep fighting.

I found out that the young son, of a girl whom I went to school with, has recently been diagnosed with leukemia. Suffice it to say that his odds aren't good. I'm not especially close to this woman, but we're friendly enough that I promised to do what I can.

convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Thirdpartyevent/IFE_ON_CommunityPartnerships

I'm not asking for a lot, but please click on that link above, and help me do something to save this boy's life (or at least make this ordeal easier on him and his mother). I was able to find $100 to spare -- even if all you can spare is $10, that's a lot more than was there just a day ago.

What are you waiting for?

No comments: